Information for New Residents



Welcome to the City of Hughson!

It is our desire to help your move to our community go as smoothly as possible. Included here is information that we hope you find useful. Make sure you call the utility companies before you move so there will be no delay in having your utilities turned on at your new address.


Electric service is provided by either Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) or Turlock Irrigation District (TID). To contact these companies, please call:

  • PG&E: 800-743-5000 and follow the prompts
  • TID: 209-883-8222

If you live within the city limits of Hughson, you will receive one bill for water, sewer, and garbage every month. Water and sewer are supplied by the City; the garbage service is provided by Gilton Solid Waste Management, Inc., but the City bills for that service. To start these services, you must open an account with the City of Hughson Finance Department:

7018 Pine Street

Hughson, Ca 95326

Click Here for more information regarding the Gilton garbage service provided in the City of Hughson: 

  • Collection Items
  • Bulky Item Pick Up
  • Street Sweeping Schedule


Learn More About Your City Council.